Unlock 'activity completion' doesn't work when using H5P in Moodle
Using last version of mod_hvp (1.17.2 (2019031301) in Moodle (version 3.2.9) there is a problem when 'Activity completion' is set.
Steps to reproduce...
1. Go to the main page for a course in Moodle
2. Add a new H5P activity and select any of the activity types available but make sure you set a criteria under 'Activity completion' (E.g: 'Learner must view this activity to complete it')
3. Login as student user in Moodle and go to the course where the above activity was added
4. Enter the H5P activity an complete it
5. Log out as the learner and login as an admin in Moodle
6. Edit the settings for the H5P activity and go under the 'Activity completion' settings
7. Click any of the buttons 'Unlock completion and delete completion data' or 'Unlock completion and keep completion data' (see screengrab).
Please notice that clicking the mentioned buttons do not work and completion is not unlocked. Also after clicking any of the buttons you are brought to the course main page instead of staying in the same page what would be the normal behaviour.
Browsers: reproduced the above in Firefox 64.0.2 and Chrome 73.0.3683.86
When following the above steps in older versions of H5P everything works as expected
Thanks in advance for any help
Thu, 03/28/2019 - 04:42
Hi enov-7,Thank you for
Thank you for reporting this. I created a bug report and you can follow the progress here.
Fri, 05/17/2019 - 17:08
Is there any update in the 'activity completion' problem here?
I see that the ticket that was raised almost 2 month ago is still unassigned: https://h5ptechnology.atlassian.net/browse/HFP-2702
Will be really apreciated if anyone could look at this issue.
Mon, 05/20/2019 - 05:36
Hi enov-7,I apologize for the
I apologize for the delay the core team still has several projects scheduled. The good thing about H5P is that it is open source and sometimes members of the community creates features and fixes for bugs.
Mon, 09/02/2019 - 10:09
Picking up on this bug,
Is there a way to speed things along on this bug? It still remains unassigned: https://h5ptechnology.atlassian.net/browse/HFP-2702
I have run into the same problem, as well as a colleague. Not being able to unlock and modify completion criteria was an unpleasant surprise. I would think there are so many Moodle + H5P users globally that this would be important to fix. :(
Mon, 10/07/2019 - 14:40
This is a pretty major bug
This is a pretty major bug that has now languished for quite a long time!
This means the *only* way to change completion rules is to *delete* the whole activity and recreate it with (hopefully) the correct rules.
Mon, 10/07/2019 - 22:56
Hi mhughes2k!The H5P core
The H5P core team has lots of things to do - some people assume the teams consists of dozens of people, but it doesn't. Luckily, H5P is open source software and is fairly well documented. It shouldn't be a problem to find someone who can fix the issue for you (and others) right now if it's that urgent.