In the H5P February 2016 Newsletter community members were asked to participate in a survey to help steer H5P in the right direction. Read on for a summary of the survey results.
Participants in the survey are predominantly working in the Education industry.
As it turns out, the participants in the survey comprise individuals with a broad range of roles. Project Managers, Developers, Teachers and Directors are among the roles that have been submitted most frequently.
Participants were asked to rate how happy they were with the user experience of the authoring tool and the end user interface respectively. The score range was from 1 (very unhappy) to 10 (very happy).
Authoring tool interface: 8.0 out of 10
End user interface: 8.3 out of 10
It seems the participants are quite happy about the user experience in general, however, there's certainly room for improvement! A bit more so in the authoring tool interface.
What to do next with H5P?
The participants were asked what H5P should be focused on next. Here are the top three candidates:
- Complete Moodle integration (33.3 %)
- User experience for authors (12.5 %)
- Media Browser integration (12.5 %)
Other things to focus on
More visual customization options in the editor, iBooks integration, gamification of H5Ps and mind maps were among the suggestions for other things to focus on.
What features in H5P is the community missing?
A lot of different features were suggested by the participants. Here's a selection:
- H5P as a web service, so you don't have to install it on your own site.
- Voting/polling content type
- Add more content types and add animation effects in Course Presentation
- Optional sound effects for correct/wrong answers
- More game content types
- Linking multiple H5Ps together in a sequence
- Drawing feature in Interactive Video
The input from the community will help prioritize the work being done on H5P in the next months. Thanks for participating!
Did you miss the survey or have anything to add? Feel free to add your two cents in the comments section below.